Auckland Study Group - Tuesday 27th February 2024
27/02/2024 07:00pm to 9:00pm
SPEAKER: Dr Sheng Zhang
TOPIC: Challenging the All-on X Paradigm: Making removable implant prosthesis cool again.
VENUE: Ivoclar, 12 Omega Street, Rosedale, Auckland
Implants are increasingly being utilised to support full mouth rehabilitations. The popular treatment modalities of All-on-4® and All-on-X therapies has provided many patients with remarkable improvements in quality of life. The search of immediacy has however resulted in increasingly aggressive treatment modalities. Coupled with increasing years of follow-up in larger patient populations, we are now aware of the different long term complications which are often complex to manage. There is now a real debate on whether these therapies are appropriate for many of our patients.
Full arch fixed restorations are often touted as being the ‘superior’ treatment preferred by our patients when in fact the research contradicts these claims. Modern implant therapies of implant over-dentures have come a long way since the era of singular attachments and cast bars. Today well-designed removable implant prostheses may be acrylic or even metal ceramic and rival the most aesthetic fixed rehabilitations with many benefits for the patient especially in the realm of maintenance. Please join me for a lecture showcasing the realm of implant over denture treatments today and how you can help your patients achieve their best long term results.
- Gain an introduction to dental implant removable prostheses
- Contrast the differences in fixed versus removable full arch implant rehabilitations
- Develop an understanding of success and survival of implant over dentures and patient preferences
- Appreciate the advantages of dental implant overdentures and why it is better suited to many of our patients
- Identify the differences in Implant Supported and Implant Stabilised prostheses
|Dr Sheng Zhang